CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nanny is 93!

The birthday girl...



Nanny is 93. If I was to be honest, all she would really like for her birthday is to go home and be with Jesus and Grandpa who died about 7 years ago. She prays every night, "Lord if you don't need me in the morning, please don't bother waking me up.".....I guess the Lord still needs you Nanny.

It's always fun to hang out with cousins, second cousins, first cousins once removed, first cousins twice removed, uncles, aunts....etc. This is second cousin Stanley.

Second cousin Kirsten

More cousins and uncles

First cousin Sebastian

First cousin Evi, second cousins Adrianna, Elise, Taylor and Ashlyen

And here are only a handful of Nanny's grandchildren and great grandchildren, Ava being the most recent addition. Nanny was an only child growing up, and made up her mind that she was going to have a whole bunch of kids and grandkids to make up for it. Here is a small piece of her dream come true.....


And Ava's two favorites.....first cousin once-removed, Dalene...


And second cousin Eli. Show her how to pull up, Eli. And teach her to say "mama".


9 comments:

Marlita said...

Its funny we blog about the same things. We must be sisters, haha.
Anyway, I hope you have a great, happy anniversary. You two have got it going on! Have fun on your date!

jennifer... said...

Its good to see your Grandma, Charissa. She has really not changed much. What a blessed family she has!

Unknown said...

Well, these 64 year old eyes are having trouble reading PINK. But those pictures are classic. I don't know what we did with our time when we didn't have all of these FUN bloggin. Yeah, treasured memories, how they linger.

Jill Rude said...

Your Grandma is SOOOO cute!!!

Dalene said...

Cute pics. Wish I could have been there... she's a peach.

junglemama said...

What a party! Happy Birthday Nanny! Is this the one from Reedley?

liesel said...

Christine, No, the other one lives in Reedley. I'm lucky enough to have TWO grandmothers still living!

Anonymous said...

Charissa (and Marlita)
Your Nanny is so precious. But it's awesome to see pictures of your mom! (though I did catch a peek in her blog) I love your picture stories Charissa. You tell the story of your family so well in words and in photos. I hope my mom got to see these :)

Bethany said...

Nanny is so sweet! I love her tiara! Happy Birthday Nanny!