CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I once read that there are two kinds of picture-takers: 1. people who take pictures of the really important events, like birthdays, graduations, vacations, and 2. people who take pictures everything and nothing in particular. Considering I have no pictures of the graduation or the baptism we drove 8 hours to see, I now know which type of picture-taker I am. (And I have learned that my husband is neither #1 or #2, does that go for all men?)

In my defense, the camera was buried and hidden somewhere in our plethora of  suitcases most of the weekend. Heather's graduation was beautiful, but you'll have to use your imagination. I'd like to think that her choice of majors, elementary ed/ special education, was influenced in a tiny way by a sweet little Ukrainian girl with special needs pictured below. Heather, we look forward to seeing what you will do with your life. I know you will make Jesus proud.

And Jeremy, we are so proud of your decision to follow the Lord and submit to His desires for your life as evidenced by water baptism. I found it particularly special that you chose to be baptized in Grandma's pool surrounded by family. Thank you for letting us be a part of that wonderful moment and being an example to my kids. We are so proud of you.

And now for 2 of the insignificant photos of the weekend.....Ava's first swim....



This is the baby bed that Papaw slept in so many years ago, as well as all of his kids and grandkids, (minus Ava. But at least she got to sit in it just for the photo.) We had a great time. Thanks for having us Grandma and Papaw!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you find the time. Knowing how much you have goin' on in your household, I am amazed that you find time to post these BETTER than MARS glimpses into the real world. I'm glad Ava got her 1st swim. She has had a lot of 1st the last few months! Opa