Do your walls look like this?
Your pantry and refrigerator like this?
Your cabinets like this?
If not, what do you do with all your childrens' masterpieces?
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Posted by liesel at 9:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do your walls look like this?
Your pantry and refrigerator like this?
Your cabinets like this?
If not, what do you do with all your childrens' masterpieces?
Posted by liesel at 9:32 AM
16 comments:
The better question is. . .
How do you throw away the old to make room for the new, and not have any tears?
I would like to know your secret on that!
I don't throw them away! I save every one of them...Each of my kids have a box in the attic with their name on it, so when I receive a new picture or note (from my teenager) We carefully put the old in the box and hang the new (after I date it, that way I can go back and look at them)! On a few occasions I have even framed one that really touches me!
good luck!
Amy, a regular from Indiana
Nothing, when the only thing your child ever draws is RPM meters.
Nothing, when the only thing your child ever draws is RPM meters.
I save the ones that are important to them, then post one of their favorites on the fridge until another one appears in the folder that they want to display. I am a neat freak and having all of that everywhere would send me over the edge. But this way they get to look at the one that is really important and we save the rest.
Yep! That's what mine look like! Doesn't every good mom's house look like that. :-)
P.S. I've really loved following your journey of adoption. Your family has been in my prayers!
Well, our walls look sort of like this, but more pictures of grandkids. How do you throw those pictures away? I'm breaking ground, and have chucked a lot, saying that a SCANNED photo is not lost....kept forever, but not in a box, looking like clutter a place where the rats make their nest. Welcome to the world of Digital Storage!!! Your Mexican Admirer.
The artwork is all over my cabinets....pictures cover my fridge! Nothing is on my pantry door....but that's because my pantry is in my laundry room and my kids would think I was hiding their art work!
Hi kids...
I love all the photos of all the kids, and I'm amazed at the progress of Ava. A couple months ago she couldn't sit for even a few seconds let alone hold on to the ottoman standing up. Wow...what amazing miracles we are witnessing in this little girl. It's so great all the kids love her so much. She had a remarkable family!
Love, Aunt Sharon
Like your Mexican admirer, I've heard from others that they scan them or take a photo of them to keep them forever. Then the paper versions go away. But certainly special ones, special in whatever way you deem, are kept. Personally, I have a box of remembrance more than 25-25 years old. It has become especially precious as some of the items (notes, cards, etc.) are from others who are no longer living. I also keep their "funeral cards" and other items. That box is something I'd rescue if my home ever caught fire!
I have 2 big boxes of artwork in the basement. My friend suggested that i took digital pics of each of them and save them to a disk
I do respite care and my client has her kids choose a picture that will be replace by a new piece of artwork (I think this developed bc artwork started piling on in layers on the walls). The replaced artwork could, like Amy suggested, go in a box in the attic. A box such as that will come in real handy when you're making a display of your kid's work and pictures growing up for their graduation party. That is if people have graduation parties where you're from... They're big here in Iowa (my sister is currently planning hers).
Anne Fessler
Lin's daughter
Logan and Cody's sister
Yep. That's the way ours looks. Add in a few posters (maps, abc's) tacked to the cabinets and you have our house. I always think of the HGTV shows that are all up-in-arms when they come into a house and see all the 'artwork'. I wonder if my house is the only one that looks like that.
Jan
ps It's also taped to the bedroom doors and tacked to the picture rails in the bedroom. I also have homemade road signs up in various parts of the house.
We usually use our kids artwork as wall paper. :)
Trash 'em
Mine look exactly the same! It just means that we adore our kiddos!
Post a Comment