There is a story behind every picture, right? Well here is the story behind this one....(By the way, don't they all look angelic?)
I had the idea to send Mother's Day cards to all 4 grandmothers and great grandmothers, with a photo print of the kids. Since I switched to a digital camera I've been TERRIBLE about getting prints.... So I bought the cards, had the kids all write a note in each of them, then hauled everyone down to our neighborhood entrance for a free photo shoot. Well there happened to be a box turtle there among the rocks and all the kids (except Ava) were completely distracted by it. I made them put the turtle down and take the photo with the promise that they could play with it after I got a REALLY great shot of everyone smiling at the camera.....
Well as you can see it took a few tries, and by the time we got one (top) the turtle was nowhere to be found. There were a couple of sad little boys and a heartbroken little girl. Can you tell which one is my turtle lover?
So we get home, I uploaded the photos, tried to order the perfect Mother's Day picture....Only to find out that the smallest I can order is a 4x6, and the envelopes are too narrow. So Happy Mother's Day to you all...I hope you enjoyed the story. And the only picture you're going to get is the one on this blog.
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Happy Mother's Day to Grandma and Oma!!
Posted by liesel at 9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Charissa,
It is so exciting to see what wonderful progress Ava is making since we were there in Ukraine. Wow! Joy
That is a qonderful picture of your kids. It needs to be at the top of your blog!
Wow! Thanks, Charissa, for the beautiful special Mother´s Day Card! Thanks for making me a mother some but I wont tell, many years ago. You are a wonderful mother and I love seeing how you are living as an example of a great mom to your 3 one day mothers in formation! Love, your Mother
Post a Comment