CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Ava's latest trick

Now I don't know if you could call this crawling or not, but I'd say it's pretty close, don't you? I am downright proud of this little girl for figuring this out all on her own. (Well, she did have some help from her big brother Simeon who demonstrated the army crawl for her last night). Look, she knows what she wants, and by golly she's gonna get it!

By the way, you may want to turn the sound down if you're sensitive to the sound of noisy baby toys or teeth grinding! Eeeek.

21 comments:

Terra said...

That is wonderful!! She has come so far in your care! How exciting!!

Jaimie said...

Wow! That is amazing!!

Jaimie

Peta-maree said...

That is so amazing it brought tears to my eyes just watching it. To see how far she has come now that she is in a loving family.

Shelley said...

Whoo-hoo....way to go Ava!!!! Now that you have that Army crawl down pat, I'm going to send you some pink camo ;)

Stephanie said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! way to GO ava!!!!! you are what we call "inch worming"!

Valerie said...

WAHOO! Way to go Ava! I am absolutely amazed at how far she has come in such a short time! Just goes to show what the love of a family can do!

WheresMyAngels said...

That is too cute! Look at her go! But OMgosh on the teeth grinding! that is really loud, does she do it all the time or when she is working on something. My girls don't teeth grind but they do other annoying things with their mouths over and over, too hard to explain unless you saw it.

Michelle said...

will I ever read here and NOT cry great big happy tears? LOOK at her go!!

Michelle said...

hey Charissa...you might buy her a battery operated kids toothbrush, it will help give her some of the oral stimulation she is looking for...but let it be her thing, as I know she had aversions to things in her mouth...if she chews it it will feel good and decrease some of that grinding.

jennifer... said...

Yay, Ava! I love all that kicking and flapping, figuring out just what to do. She's SO cute.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, we call that crawling at our house. How exciting.

Christina said...

Awww Charissa that is just awesome! WTG Ava!!!

Delahne said...

We're clapping for you, Ava!

The Polkadot Platypus said...

(smiling) That is awesome, yay! She is figuring it out ... go girl!

Meredith said...

Way to go Ava!! (and mommy too!!)

She reminds me so much of Emma, it is something else. E still loves rolling too much to want to go FORWARD yet tho ;)

One day we'll have to get these two girls together!
Great job!!
Meredith

Anonymous said...

Yeah, she did it, I´d classify this as a forward chest roll advance. But she has got the knack...she repeated the move enough to see that she is propelling...good work! Opa

Marlita said...

You go Ava! She gets from A to B.. That is so huge!! I am so proud of you.

Karen said...

Oh yeah, baby, she's movin!!! Way to go Ava!

Shelley - definitely, bring on the pink camo!

Deb D. said...

WOW!!!

WOW!!!

She not only did it, she is going to do even more.

You go, Ava!

Christy and Kevin said...

*WOW* I am so proud of all of you Charissa!! Ava is surrounded by a great family and she has come so far! Congrats to all

Christy

Dalene said...

Doesn't surprise me at all! She's making SO much progress.... and you are doing EVERYTHING possible to help her along, including modeling from older siblings, lots of love, therapy, good nutrition, continual miraculous intervention from God. WOW.

Sensitive to teeth grinding? Um...YES... I think God has given you an extra Grace on that one. Like...seriously.