CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Thank you...

I never personally knew anybody from Indiana until January 19. When we were on our way to Ukraine we had a layover in the Chicago airport, remember the 10 hour layover that we bumped for a free ticket? Well it was during that layover I was reading a book called Attaching in Adoption. A lady from Indiana came over to me and asked if we were on an adoption trip. They too had 4 kids and were on their way to Vietnam to adopt their 5th and 6th. I felt like it was a God-ordained meeting because I felt such an instant friendship and bond with her. We were both pretty terrified about the whole thing, I was nervous about leaving my kids behind and she was nervous about taking hers to Vietnam! :) We had maybe 45 minutes to talk and then we exchanged emails/blogs.

Well they told our story on their adoption blog, and ever since then I have learned that people from Indiana are some of the most generous people I know! We were total strangers to them, but one family who knows them has mailed us 6 cases of Pediasure to feed Ava! (And obviously it has been a tremendous blessing, can't you tell?) 6 cases, that is about enough to last 2 months! Thank you again Michelle.

Another blog friend from Indiana, Deb, who I have never met, read my post about the hip helpers, and look what she sent as a gift to Ava! Two hip helpers for now, and one to grow into. I have to admit, I got choked up when I opened it. The Lord has provided for every need, in the most unexpected ways. Thank you Deb, from the bottom of my heart. This was such a heartfelt gift. God bless you for your kindness to our family and to Ava.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

This reminded me of something a previous pastor used to say, "Some friends come in our life for a season, some for a reason, and some for a lifetime." God is truly wonderful in the friends he brings into our lives. Praise God for the great friends you have met on this amazing journey.

Dalene said...

That's great....

Deb D. said...

Charissa:
It was sincerely my joy and pleasure. I am glad it blessed you and Ava. That is God's work and gift.

Please let us know as she continues to grow. I saw this company also makes custom sizes. :-)