I like to think that love can be measured by actions. For example, I often think of the time I had a 101 degree temperature, and I felt so miserable! John was bringing me hot tea, cool wash cloths, lots of fluids, Tylenol.....I was so thankful to have him. As he was sitting beside me on the bed, I reached up to touch his face to thank him for his kindness towards me, his face felt hotter than mine!!!! His temperature was 104! He never even said a word about feeling sick himself....True love.
Today I witnessed another one of those "true love" moments. Liesel was holding Ava and she fell asleep and she wanted to just leave her that way. About 15 minutes later I heard a cough and sputter..and yes, Ava threw up all over Liesel!!! Liesel's response? "Mom, Ava just threw up on me. But it's OK. I don't mind. I think she might have had too much Pediasure." True love....
4 comments:
Your kids never cease to amaze me, you are raising the most sweet, kind, sensitive, caring (I could go on and on) children I have ever "seen". I love reading your blog and about all of your children. They are so beautiful, inside and out!
Amy
this, makes my day, this comment
Yes, that is love! I still would have a hard time even after having 3 kids throw up on me.:)
Kayla
You don't know me, but I learned of you from Sherri Sickafoose. I have been reading your blog since Jan. of this year. I was so happy to hear that everything went well for you when you were overseas getting Ava. Then just reading about how she is progressing. Your family is quite an ispiration. I enjoy your blog very much. I will continue to pray for you and your family.
Kate Goshorn
Post a Comment